Welcome to GCAA Basketball
Welcome to GCAA Basketball. Our mission is that every kid has fun, becomes a better basketball player, and in turn, learns to love the game.
We offer youth recreational baseball for youth between the ages of 4 to 15 years old varying by season and program availability.
Our Winter programs consist of league play for ages 7-15 boys and girls ages 7-15, as well as our Junior Bounce Academy designed for our players as young as 4 years old to learn the fundamentals necessary to participate in league play.
Our Summer programs are more competitive league play with no guaranteed playing time as well as skill-building camps.
We are always looking to add to our roster of motivated, passionate volunteers. If you are interested in coaching or joining the Basketball Committee, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your interest in GCAA Basketball and we look forward to seeing the kids on the hardwoods!
The GCAA Basketball Committee
Summer League Offerings
Our Summer Leagues are much shorter and considered highly competitive. There is no guaranteed playing time in any of our summer leagues. Summer Leagues are $100 per player for all league play options.
- 8u COED League
- 10u Boys League
- 12u Boys League
- 14u Boys League
- Junior Bounce Academy
Summer league registration will open on a rolling basis once Coach slots have been filled. We still need coaches in all divisions. We accept a maximum of 4 teams in each age group (32 players) during the summer league.
Winter Leagues Offerings
Our Winter Programs are all recreational-based. While leagues do offer a minimum guaranteed playing time, coaches have the discretion to limit playing time based on safety concerns, practice attendance, and behavior issues. The fee for all Winter Programs is $150 per player which includes uniform expenses.
- Junior Bounce Academy (Ages 4-7 COED) - Skills-based foundations training designed for new(er) players. This program is taught in partnership with Showcase Professional Training and is strongly recommended for players prior to beginning league play in our 8U division. It is open to players 4-8 years of age. There will be two sessions: a 4-5-year-old group and a 6-8-year-old group. The 4-5 year olds will play at 8:00 am on Saturdays and the 6-7 year old group will play at 9 am on Saturdays. The schedule varies season to season. *If you have a first-time player this is strongly encouraged as the first step for GCAA Basketball. This program will better equip them to play in league play.
- COED 8U League - Open to players 7-8 years of age, this is the first step of league play. As a developmental league, players will begin to learn the rules of basketball beyond basic dribbling, passing, and shooting. Practices will be on weeknights with games on Saturdays.
- 10u Boys League - This league is open to boys ages 9-10 years old. Players cannot turn 11 prior to January 1st of the upcoming year. This league is still focused on fundamentals but will begin more competitive play. Players are expected to have basic basketball fundamentals. Practices will be on weeknights with games on Saturdays.
- 12u Boys League - This is where the competition kicks it up a notch. While this league is still recreational, a firm understanding and skill level is required. We do not recommend that first-time players begin play once they are aged up to 12u. This league is highly competitive and designed to help equip the players with the skill set needed to compete at a middle school level. Players will play full-court traditional basketball rules. Practices will be on weeknights and games on Sunday afternoons/evenings with the possibility of occasional Saturday games.
- 14u Boys League - This is a highly competitive league. All players should be at the physical and maturity level to play a full-court game of basketball. Players will be held accountable and developed by their coaches. We have sent more players to local middle school teams than any other recreational league in the area. Practices will be on weeknights and games on Sunday afternoons/evenings with the possibility of occasional Saturday games.
- Girls Leagues - We offer Girls Leagues for 10U, 12U and 15U age divisions based on registration numbers. We will only field teams once registration numbers can fill them. Our Girls League is put on in partnership with other local towns. Practices are normally on Friday evenings and games are varying times on Saturdays. Games will be played at a variety of local gyms including GCAA.
**All Leagues are offered based on coaching positions. We will open available slots in each age division as coaches register and we are certain of the number of available slots. If an age division is full, we recommend registering for the waitlist. As more slots become available, we will add players from the waitlist on a first-come, first-served basis. We will notify players and they will have a two-week window to finish their checkout before moving down the list.**